Sunday, July 2, 2017

Indie Book Connect June 2017

          This month's no fuss no muss subscription...had a little fuss and muss attached to it. But I'm not going to get ahead of myself, let me start at the beginning.


          This is how my books arrived. So I knew that customs had gotten into it as usual. Also, usually I've gotten the first book in the series...this month...not so much..well I think...You'll see what I mean in a second.


          There is the usual piece of paper that tells us about the Goodreads group that these books are being discussed in as part of the Indie Book Connect group. Also a beautiful bookmark, which is always a win with me.



I'm going to start with the easy book, from Goodreads: 

Dixie’s back in her hometown, but the last thing she’s looking for is a reason to stay . . . 

Dixie Barnes has no desire to change the life she’s built in LA, fast-paced and full of glamour, and a million miles from Moreover, Tennessee. When she’s badgered into an impromptu hometown reunion, the thing she’s most looking forward to is her flight back to her celebrity clients. She has no plans to rekindle relationships with the town’s meddling citizens—those kind-hearted people she abandoned ten years ago—and she definitely doesn’t intend to take up where she left off with Deke McAllister.

Then she discovers the nerdy, gangly crush of her past has matured in every remarkable way possible. Perhaps getting reacquainted with Deke isn’t such a bad idea after all. But loving that boy was the catalyst that had her leaving the water tower town she was so fond of. And the more quality time she spends with him, the more difficult she finds the notion of doing it again.

She’ll agree to amuse herself with him until it’s time to leave. She’ll enjoy his soul-scorching kisses, and maybe even tangle with him in his sheets. But her heart won’t be on the line this time. Deke’s already been warned her days in Moreover are numbered. And this time she’ll say goodbye before she boards her plane."


I'm guessing this is the first in the series...guessing because I honestly don't know. I tried to find out on the author's website but could not find anything on it. It is obviously a romance and this is one of the genres that I enjoy so I'm sure I'll read it when I feel like a light read. It comes with a signed bookmark and the book itself is signed.





Now for the fuss and muss. On Goodreads this book is numbered 5...only there are 3 books in the series including this one. Let the author explain this to you better...errr...maybe.




This one was published in 2016 and there is another book that was published this year which the author numbered as 2. I'm one of these people who needs a bit of order and so I went and bought the other two books in the series so that I could read them in order...er...so far anyway. 
So let me get into the book.

From Goodreads: "What would you do, if the things that went bump in the night were suddenly as real to you as life itself? My name is Freia, and I believe in phantoms. A part of the expedition from the plains, my family and I have come to a land where no human has stepped in over a century. But we are not alone. This land is home to the druids, creatures of legend that wiped out all traces of humanity in the deserts, the hills, and even at sea—creatures that should not be real. I hear their voices, in the night. I feel their eyes, watching me. We are not alone."

I think the premise is interesting and the other books seem interesting too...I just hope I get the story so far by reading books 2, 3, and 5. Number 1 and 4 have not been written yet...I think.

The book came with a flyer which told me where to get the other books from www.rad-writing.com













No comments:

Post a Comment