Friday, June 30, 2017

Paletteful Pack June box

          The theme of the box for this month is Water-Soluble Graphite. When I first opened the box I was a bit disappointed because it didn't seem to me like I was getting my money's worth of supplies. I should have had more faith. So let us get into the items.


          I had no idea what these two discs were, I had to go look them up on the information card Paletteful Packs provided. These are ArtGraf Pigment discs. They are soft and water-soluble. 


          Versatil Synthetic Kolinsky Brush, a number 2 round. It has a nice feel to it and the hairs spring back to their original shape.


          General's Sketch and Wash Graphite pencil kit. It has two graphite pencils and a metal sharpener. They can be used for sketching or you can add water to them and make wash drawings.


          Fluid 100 watercolour paper block, 6x6 inches, 140 lbs and cold pressed. For those who don't know, the paper on this is glued down on three sides which prevent the paper from warping and saves on taping it down. I love the feel and size of it.

          Before I go into prices I wanted to show you a swatch of the two discs using the paint brush provided and the Watercolour easy-block. The paint dries pretty fast and it was easy to get gradients from the paint just by adding more and more water on the paint brush.


Now for prices:

Paletteful Packs Subscription: 34.95 $
ArtGraf Pigment Disc (Blue): 9.09 $
ArtGraf Pigment Disc (Yellow): 9.19 $
Versatil Synthetic Kolinsky Brush: 7.99 $
General's Sketch and Wash pencil kit: 6.09 $
Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper Block: 15.10 $
Total: 47.46 $

          So it is safe to say that I got more than my money's worth in this box. That will teach me to look at how much there is in a box without taking into account quality. I can't wait to use all the supplies from this box.

No comments:

Post a Comment