Monday, April 3, 2017

Robert Mason March Box 2017 Review

          The poor Robert Loves box arrived a little banged up but non-the-worse for wear. Aramex can be tough on the poor boxes and Kuwait customs are no better.




          I opened up the box and the first thing I saw was the beautiful tissue paper. The second thing I saw was the box theme, which is "Craftsmanship - Reclaimed".


According to the paper that came with the box, there were 14 items in the box.


       The first items that caught my eye were the ruler and pencil. They are handcrafted from reclaimed wood. They have a rustic vintage feeling to them and the craftsmanship is really refined.


          I've never seen a landscape pad here in Kuwait...well I've seen on now ☺. It is made from recycled paper, and I think it is hella cute. 


          The box also contained two Field Notes memo books. They have 48 pages each, with one being a ledger (ruled) and the other had graph paper. I'm a mechanical engineer and these two memo books will come in handy. 


          I think my husband is going to love the slide wristband. He loves handcrafted items and this one is made from cowhide which is something he's not worn before.

  
          Next is an assorted selection of cards and accompanying envelopes. The smaller ones are really colourful and cute. They were clipped together with a binder clip. The bigger ones have a satin look and feel and feel more formal than the smaller ones. They are really pretty.




          The curators of the box also included some crumbles, which are bits of wax left over from making candles. The add Pillars to the wax so it can be used in electric warmers. We don't have those in Kuwait BUT I'm sure I'll find a new purpose for them...probably in my compositions. 


          Last but not least, pens and pencils. The box included a great selection: 2 mechanical pencils and four pens.


Orange: Paper Mate clear point mechanical pencil 0.7mm. What I love about this pencil is that the lead inside it is actually orange and not black.

Red: Pentel Sign Pen, touch, read ink.

Blue Cap: Sakura Gelly Roll 06

Black: Pentel Slicci 0.25mm ball, black

Blue: Pentel Twist-Erase GT 0.7mm, mechanical pencil. This one had an interesting system where the eraser comes out and can be twisted back inside the cap.

Yellow: Paper Mate Flair, medium, yellow. I'm glad I got that. I had heard so much about them and was thinking of getting some to try out. Now I can try it out and see if I like it.


          Overall, the box was a great introduction to this subscription. I can see myself using every single item and I'm totally looking forward to what Robert Mason has in store for us next.


No comments:

Post a Comment