Friday, March 31, 2017

OwlCrate March 2017 Box Review

          OwlCrate was the first subscription I looked at when I was looking for subscription boxes for books. I'm a book-dragon, (I refuse to be called a bookworm 😜) and I wanted a box that catered to that. I read the description but wasn't sure so I shopped around some more. However, I kept coming back to check it out. Finally, I decided  "What the heck, I can always cancel it if I didn't like it."
          It took a while for the box to arrive, but that was down to Kuwait customs and Aramex rather than the people at OwlCrate. They sent it on time and it arrived pretty fast to my holding box in the USA. 


      
          Opening the box, the first thing I saw was a postcard with a beautiful picture that tells you about the theme of the box. On the back of the postcard, you see an explanation of what the box is all about and where the items came from. 





I really liked that. I liked knowing where the items came from, this way if I wanted more of them or something along similar lines I knew where to look.

Under the postcard, I found a pouch and a button. The button was really cute, it had an owl pirate on it and it made me laugh so hard (yes...silly things will make me laugh).


The pouch contained a compass pendant necklace, which was designed by the people at OwlCrate and produced by The Geeky Cauldron. The necklace is really pretty and I can totally see myself wearing it. 


          The next thing I saw was cloth. At first I didn't know what it is (I have a habit of not reading content lists until I look at all the items in the box) and when I opened it I realized that it was a tea towel. It had a beautiful hand printed design on it and it came from Kitch Studios.


          Underneath the towel were two things that I tend to hoard: a notepad and a roll of washi tape. The washi tape had scales on it, which was inspired by the mermaid picture on the postcard and it was made by Simply Gilded.  


The notepad had a cute octopus and came from Boygirlpart. 



Apparently, there were two designs made for the notepad and which one you got was random.


          The next few items were my favourites of the favourites from this box. In fact, it can be said that they are the reason I got this box.


Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller, is a book that I have not read from an author I had not heard about before. This is perfect for me because I love to try new authors and expand my horizons.


The letter from the author, the signed bookplate, and the temporary tattoo were all beautiful touches that made the box and its contents special for me.




          The people at OwlCrate also included a sneak peak for next month's theme, which is "Head Over Heals". I can't wait!


          I'm so glad I got this subscription box, it is well curated and the items are all a delight. Even if it had been just the book, I would have been happy as it was by someone new to me. New authors and new books were the reason behind me getting a book subscription after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment