Thursday, April 20, 2017

Inspire-ME Crate (April 2017)

          The description on Cratejoy says, "Inspire your inner artist with quality art supplies and creativity sparking lesson plans." I...wasn't inspired...at all.


          The box that arrived was really cute, it had their logo on it and it looked really nice. I'm giving them points for that.

    
          The first thing you see when you open the box is one long wrapped package and one that is as big as the box. 


          The long package contained the "art supplies": one brush pen (brown), one colored pencil (green), one micro-line pen (brown), one pencil (it is an eco friendly pencil in that it is supposed to have a casual with seeds at the end of the pencil for planting, the capsule was broken and the seeds gone) and finally one oil pastel (yellow). I know that individually they are good supplies I just wasn't sure what to do with them. Had I gotten a set of lead pencils or a set of pens or even some cheap sets of pastels I would have been happier. 


I so wanted this box to be redeemed by the other larger package in the box but...


          This was the booklet that is supposed to give you some warm up exercises. It was okay but it is not a WOW...


          I'm not sure what this booklet was supposed to be. It had a sort of story to read then you were supposed to create characters based on questions you are asked. I was just confused.


          Finally, there was a small booklet with blank sketching paper. The size was too small for me, I can't use this for sketching anything really.


          I don't think that this box is for me. It might be something that others might enjoy. I like my boxes to be a little more substantial. I would not have minded a few online videos with a single good sketch box, or even just one box of oil pastels (even cheap ones). I canceled my subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment