Friday, April 7, 2017

Spotlight Stationary Review

          As you'll be able to see from the picture I have two boxes to review for Spotlight Stationary: February 2017 and March 2017.
          My February box was lost in the big badlands of snail mail and when I contacted the curators of the box they were awesome. They followed up with me a few times then said they will resend the February box with the March box.



February 2017

          I'm going to start my review with the February box. The poor box obviously passed through the hands of Kuwait customs. The seal was broken and the tissue paper ripped. Still, there was enough pretty tissue for me to add on to my tissue paper stash. 😀


          I enjoyed reading about how the theme of the month, Letterpress, came about. I also loved reading about the small businesses that the products come from.



          Blue is the dominant color of the box and it is a very beautiful shade of blue. I love it when boxes include an envelope with my name on it. It feels personal and all about me.


          Inside the envelope were four postcards with the fifth one telling you where to find the artists of the illustrations on the cards. They were all cute but my favorite was the one with the sheep.



          I love writing cards to people and sending snail mail, so the next two items in the box were right up my ally. Two packets of writing cards with a cute bunny running, one in blue and one in red, with matching envelopes. There were also 3 tags with a duck on each one and 3 small cards with their envelopes.



          Finally, a small personal sized notebook, hand stitched with a detachable cover that can be used with other notebooks of the same size.



March 2017

          Now I'm going to review the March box. Again the poor box was opened and searched. The theme of this box is double act. I was intrigued. 


          In the personalized envelope there were four beautifully illustrated postcards. My favorite is the bird.



          The next item is the green or orange notebook, which depends on whether you are looking at the front or back cover. I have a sleeve bag that has the same illustration so I'm in love with this little notebook.



          The box also includes a jumbo double sided red and green pencil and an art pen. I can't wait to use both in my lettering and drawings.


          Finally, there was the most beautiful and unique notebook I've ever seen. It is a Daycraft Signature Due notebook. And the reason it is unique can be seen in the video below.





          All in all, I loved both boxes. They had a lot of enjoyable items and most of all I am very excited by the Daycraft notebook.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Maya!
    I've just discovered your blog and want to thank you very much for reviewing our subscription boxes - so glad you like them!
    Mary - Spotlight

    ReplyDelete