Monday, June 26, 2017

Indigo Artbox June 2017

If I had not seen previous boxes where Indigo Artbox had included something other than pastels I would so cancel my subscription. BUT, I shall continue on for two reasons. Even though I hate pastels, the supplies included in the box are actually pretty good for a beginner like me. The second reason is that I get instruction videos with the projects as well as a mini art history lesson which I really enjoy. So onwards!

This month's artist is Edgar Degas and the medium of choice is soft pastels. The package arrived opened by customs as per usual. 




So the package contains a drawing pencil and dry-erase pen and I must admit the dry erase pen puzzled me until I read the instructions for the project.


Reeves soft pastels.


A plexiglass sheet...yep, very puzzling until you read the instructions.


Two inspiration prints from Degas


Sketch paper, note card, and soft pastel paper (the coloured ones)


As usual, I am supposed to watch a mini history lesson on Degas and his art then watch the project video which gives exercises and then an idea of how to use the pastels. (Indigo Artbox) The dry-erase pen and the plexiglass are so you can practice your lines and tracing without having to use up papers or supplies.


I am going to give pastels another try and see how things go. These are my previous attempts using the pastels from the previous Indigo Artbox.


"The Road to Nowhere"


"The Castle"

No comments:

Post a Comment