Friday, May 5, 2017

OwlCrate Review April 2017 Box

          Every box from OwlCrate we get the theme of the coming box, so I knew from last month that this month's theme would be Head Over Heels. The box arrived a little late for me thanks to Aramex and Kuwait customs but that is okay. Let's get into the box.


          I love this postcard. It is really pretty and has all the elements of what is OwlCrate and what it means, plus there are a few hints in this of what is in the box. The back of the card has all the stuff that is in the box.




          This is the first thing that popped out of the box after the squiggly worms. It is a loose leaf tea called "Anna and the French Kiss" from The Tea Spot. I'm not big on tea but I gave this tea a try because it smelled like chocolates. I liked it and I'm going to enjoy the four more cups that the packet will give me. I might even go check out the other kinds of teas they have.



          The second thing that caught my eye was the candle. I learned that there were three different candles inspired by three different couples from books and the one I got smelled divine because it smelled like coffee. The candle is from Novelly Yours. It is supposed to be coffee, pumpkin and chocolate but honestly, it is mostly yummy coffee.


          The next item in the box was a Pride and Prejudice inspired fabric headband, which was created exclusively by Storiarts. My hair is too short for this and I'm not much for headbands BUT I do know someone who will kill for something like this so it is going to her.


          I love the trinkets that are usually in the OwlCrate box. This is no exception. It is an adorable keychain that has a quote from the book Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda and on the back, it looks like an oreo. It comes from Bookworm Boutique.


          This booklet is a sneak peak at the book Umberland by Wendy Spinale. There isn't really anything on it in the information card but on the inside of the booklet, the author explains how she loved that her previous book was featured a few months back on OwlCrate so she is sharing a sneak peek of the second book in the series previously shared.


          This print was designed by Evie Bookish, and it is a quote from the A Court of Thorns and Roses Series...I've never read the series.


          And now we come to the reason for the box. THE BOOK. I'm happy with this. I don't know the author, and I've never heard of the book. I'm hoping that I will love it as much as I loved the book from last month's box.



          As usual, the book comes with a letter from the author, which was really sweet and the collage on the letter was cute and fun. It also came with a bookplate and a funny sticker.

         
         
          No OwlCrate box is complete without the obligatory button and a sneak peak at the theme of next month. I can't wait for next month's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment