Monday, August 7, 2017

Art Tarte July 2017 box

          I was really excited by the pictures provided on CrateJoy and on the subscription box site so I decided to try Art Tarte out for a couple of months. I've been trying to find the time to open it and finally did so. I was...well you'll see. As usually the Kuwait customs had gotten into the box. However, according to the information box everything is still in the box and intact.

          The first thing to come out of the box was the assorted papers, they should have been in an envelope but they were all over the box. 


The different colors are Strathmore pastel paper and the black ones are Faber-Castel.

          The next things that came out of the box were a feather bookmark, an Art Tarte July postcard calendar, and an Art Tarte "Ombre Feathers" greating card. 




And of course the information card and a card with the challenge of the month which is "Conquering Fears".   
          As I read the challenge and saw that the papers were for pastels my heart sank...I hate Pastels but that is not their fault.



These are Mungyo soft Pastel sticks. 

           Finally, pens, a pencil, an eraser and some colored pencils. 


There are two Reaeon gel pens in pink and green with two refills in orange and blue, one Prismacolor Design ArtGum eraser, a Prismacolor Ebony Graphite drawing pencil, a Blending Stump which can be used to blend pastels, two Stabilo Carb-Othello pastel pencils in black and yellow, and a brandless pencil.

          I looked up all the supplies in this box (as much as I could anyway) and there is no way that the items in the box add up too 25 dollars...not even close. I'm hoping this is a fluke and the next box is going to be better, otherwise I am canceling my subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment