Friday, August 25, 2017

Spotlight Stationery

          I'm always excited when it is time to open one of the Spotlight Stationery boxes. I know I'm going to get some interesting stationery of good quality and some really beautiful postcards.  Another thing that I love about the Spotlight Stationery box is that the purchase price of the box includes a donation to Gloucestershire young Carers, which is a charity that provides a range of services for young carers and their families. Check them out at www.glosyoungcarers.org.uk
          Now let us get into the box. The theme for the box is "Space, the final frontier". I also love the tag line: "It's stationery, Jim, but not as we know it." My geeky heart was happy. The box includes all my favorite things: notebooks, pens, pencils, and washi tape.


   

          I'm going to start with the beautiful postcards. The lighthouse postcard is by Tilly Gibbs, the mommy wolf and pups is by Naomi Worrell, and the humming birds and Jokers are by Bex Challoner.


          Next up are the pretty, pretty notebooks: DarkStar Collection. They are a pack of 3 pocket notebooks, 1 with plain paper and 2 with dotted paper. They have black covers and creamy colored paper and they are made in the UK.


          I think I am in love with the Cavallini & Co. tin pencil set. The tin has 10 pencils and a pencil sharpener. The pencils are wrapped in vintage images from the Cavallini archives in the USA.



          I've heard a lot about the pen included in this box. It is a Spacetec 0 Gravity pen, and it has a pressurized ballpoint refill. This means you can write upside down, in extreme temperatures, under water, and in 0 gravity and it will always work. The shell of the pen will also accept "Parker-style" G2 refills. This is from a German company.


          Finally, the cute washi tape. It is from Rico Designs in Germany. It is Paper Poetry washi tape gold stars on a pale blue background.



As usual, I'm giving this box a full score!

No comments:

Post a Comment