Tuesday, March 3, 2020

EXO Kpop Haul

          This post has been a long time coming. It is a mix of a lot of things that I pre-ordered and waited for to come in and then photographed. Life then became a little hectic and I just couldn’t sit down to put words to the pictures I took. But finally, here it is; the EXO kpop haul plus EXO news.

1. EXO Season Greetings

I pre-ordered this when they first opened the door to pre-orders (I’m not going to use dates because I kind of forgot when I pre-ordered stuff and when they came in, yes I’m old 😂)



This is what I saw when I opened the shipping box. I new that face was D.O. Before I read the writing on the sock and now I have a Kyungsoo sock that I love to look at and pet when ever I miss him which is nearly every day.



How cute is that face?! Anyway, now on to the actual season’s greetings. 



This is what the box looks like on the outside. I think it looks better than last year’s box. 



This is what you see when you open the box. A second layer of protection and it is made out of cardboard too. 



I loved what I saw the moment I opened the second layer. There were so many goodies in the box I didn’t know what to start with first so I closed my eyes and grabbed something.



This was what I first grabbed. It is a box of picture cards.



In total there were 24 cards with messages written on the back of each one from the members. I could make out some of the writing and some I couldn’t make out. I’m still learning and Korean handwriting is hard lol. Now let us look at the pretty pictures. There are six sets of four pictures. 


Suho leadernim. 



Byun Baekhyun 



Park Chanyeol, Mr. happy virus.



Kai, but I see a glimpse of Nini Bear in one of the pictures. (In case you are wondering nini bear is the cutesy Kim Jongin while Kai is the sexy Kim Jongin)



Our baby, Oh Sehun. It is so obvious he misses Kyungsoo. The picture on the top left is a typical Kyungsoo style of taking a picture.



Finally, Chen, or Kim Jongdae, or the man who will give me my first grandchild...I’m so excited! 

All the pictures are just so beautiful. I can’t even pick which one is my favorite. So I won’t.



Postcard sized calendar with each postcard being its own month. There are six members this time so we had two sets of pictures to have 12 months. 


























Next up is a desk calendar. 


















I love that the desk calendar has all their birthdays and all the important anniversaries for EXO and EXO-Ls. 

A booklet with pretty pretty boys in it so I chose my favorite pages of the lot. 




A diary. I’m not fond of the whole week at a glance thing so that part won’t get used much but the rest of it will get a good workout. Plus there are pictures at the beginning of the diary and the middle.






They also included stickers. These are actually better quality than last year’s and I am using them to mark pages in my journal as we speak 😬. 



Finally, we have almost A4 sized photocards of the members. 2 for each one of them. 















2. EXO Comeback

At the end of last year, EXO came back with their 6th Album Obsession. The concept sprouted a few hypotheses online. I felt like the concept was very interesting. For one it wasn’t your typical good vs. evil theme, one group EXO was badass and the other X-EXO is more badass? Or is it the other way around?  Either way, the concept was really interesting and the songs supported the idea well. I love the title song Obsession but I think my absolute favorite has to be Trouble. I especially love the lyrics that say “good feels bad, bad feels good...right feels wrong, wrong feels right...” it just fits. But then that is EXO for you 🔥. 

We didn’t get a winter album or a repackage but we did get thee different album covers and a Kihno album kit. So that makes four. 


As you can see from the picture above there is the EXO Obsession version, X-EXO Obsession version, an Obsession version and an Album kit. 

I’m going to start with the tiny Kihno album kit:


This is the sleeve of the album.


This is the album box. 


Inside it had a tiny booklet with some great pictures. I loved how the upright booklet shows the EXO version of the members but then you have to turn the booklet upside down to see the X-EXO version of the members. 


I got this X-EXO version of Chen photocard. I have to say he looks amazing in it...


And this is the Kihno kit. 


Next up is the Obsession Version:



This is the back and front of the Obsession album. 


The CD sleeve with a pullout photo of the group. 


As you can see one side has EXO and the Other has X-EXO but one is upside down while the other is right-side up. Here it happens to be EXO that is upside down. 


This beautiful postcard-sized photo of X-Kai


And this amazing photocard of Sehun.



The album also came with a poster:


I got Baekhyun.

X-EXO version of the Obsession album: 




The back and front of the album.


CD sleeve and the full member picture.


Look at Suho!


I got this hologram photo of Kāi 


And this photocard of Chen...LOVE!

Each member got a booklet of their own with amazing pictures. Their stylist and the photographers did an amazing job but then they had amazing models to work with...








Here is an example of one of the booklets. 

The album came with a poster also. I got this poster of Kāi.


Finally, the EXO version of the album:



The back and front of the album.


I got the Chanyeol hologram picture.


CD sleeve and full photo of the members.


And another one.


I got this sassy photocard of Chanyeol. 

Like the X-EXO version, each member got their own booklet.










An example of what is inside.

The album came with a poster. I got Kai.


I also have two more posters to show...not sure which albums they came with since they were just loose in the box 😬.



They didn’t photograph well I’m afraid. Chanyeol’s head is not that tiny on his body loool.


3.EXO News

I’m going to start with Chen, whom I’ve already talked about previously here and here.  I have to say the International EXO-Ls have done a great job of protecting Chen. Also, EXO themselves have protected Chen really well, enough that SM has issued a statement saying Chen stays BUT EXO-L ACE CAFE have yet to give up they are not just harassing Chen but also his parents. They are despicable. 

Suho has done a run as the Joker on stage and has a web series out. Soon he will also have a solo debut. I think he is going to the military some time at the end of the year or the beginning of next year. 

Baekhyun is promoting as part of SuperM currently as well as has a song that is part of an OST. 

Chanyeol has his NNG Studio work and he is promoting with Sehun as EXO-SC. 

Lay is off doing a lot of good things. He had a couple of songs out and did some concerts. He is also promoting some brands like Calvin Klein. 

Kai is promoting as part of SuperM currently as well as working on his solo debut.

Xuimin is coming out of the military in December 2020.

D.O. has recently made corporal and will be coming out of the military on January 2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment