Tuesday, March 10, 2020

iKon Comback

          This comeback for iKon was really hard on all iKonics thanks to what happened in 2019. On June 12, 2019, B.I announced his departure from the group on his personal Instagram account after news agency Dispatch unearthed messages from three years prior, outlining his attempt to purchase marijuana and LSD  from an undisclosed female dealer. Dealer is now known to be the same one from the scandal with Big Bang’s T.O.P. On February 6th, 2020 iKon dropped their comeback album. So this comeback is the first one without the iKon leader Kim Hanbin (B.I.). I was not very sure about what I wanted to do since (B.I.) was my ultimate bias in the group but I still wanted to support the boys who worked hard. In the end, I just bought the digital album though now I am thinking I might go and get physical ones too. What changed my mind? I can see B.I.’s fingerprint all over the album and why not since he wrote and composed 4 out of the 5 songs. I loved Oh Yeah (the title song if I am not mistaken) and all the other songs in the album. The fifth song, Flower, was written by DK and Bobby and DK also did the composition with some help. I felt like it was an homage to B.I. 

So let us look at the digital cover. 



I love the way it looks and the color red just works with the title of the album. 

The album has 5 songs as I said, with Flower being the only one not written or composed by B.I. 







I knew without looking that Ah Yeah was written by both Bobby and B.I. because of the energy of the song and how catchy it felt.

So have a listen to it: 




The other song (and only song that B.I. didn’t have a hand in) was Flower and you can listen to it here:




My first thought after knowing the B.I. Had a big hand in making this album was I hope they paid him for it...and to this day I have this thought.

On March 8, 2020, Kim Hanbin released a song through his Soundcloud that just broke my heart. The song seems to be aimed at fans who left and fans who stayed and also his ex-members. I have been listening to it on loop for the last two days. I have to admit, I listened to it more than I listened to iKon’s album...

The song is called DEMO.2 and the lyrics were kindly provided then translated by @big_seunghyun on twitter. 

Here are the lyrics in Korean and in English: 




You can find the song here: 


Give it a listen. It is really short at only 1 minute and 5 seconds but it is his voice only and it is...amazing. I can now listen to it without crying but I still tear up none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment