Friday, August 31, 2018

OwlCrate - July 2017

          Before I get into the box I'm just going to say I'm going to take a bit of a break from the OwlCrate box because I have so much books that I have not read yet and I'd like to make a dent into them before I restart my subscription.

          The theme for the July OwlCrate box is “Strange & Unusual”.  There is a lot of interesting bookish things in the box as usual so let us get into it. 


          The first thing that came out of the box was a cute keychain Funko, and you could get one of two options - Dustin or Eleven - from Stranger Things. I got Eleven.


          I love spooky things and this box included two that are really cute and spooky. The first is Ouija Board mints from Boston America Corp, and the second is a set of spooky skull push pins created by the Team OwlCrate. 




          The wallet they included in this box is really interesting and beautiful. It could also work as a clutch bag. It came from Reverie and Ink.






           There was supposed to be a vinyl sticker in the box created by TJ Lubrano. But either they forget to pack it or it was lost when the customs officials opened the box to check what was inside. I think the second option is probably correct. So let me move on to the beautiful art print created by artist Aun-Juli Riddle. I love that it has things that I love...whale, books and coffee cups.


          The last bookish item to come out of the box is this pennant flag designed by Risa Rodil and inspired by Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.


          Finally, we come to the book and the goodies included with it. The book itself, My Plain Jane, is a fun retelling of Jane Eyre. You’ll be taken on a journey through orphanages, and the Victorian occult scene. The book was signed by it’s authors and as usual has a hand written letter from them. Included with the book is a fun paper craft inspired by Mr. Rochester’s eerie home. 






          I loved all the items that came in the box especially the wallet and the push pins. I can’t wait to read the book.




         




No comments:

Post a Comment