Sunday, September 10, 2017

Paletteful Packs August 2017

          I think that Paletteful Packs is by far the best art supplies subscription I have come across. The supplies included are always top notch in whatever area they are currently playing. The theme for this box is The Traveling Watercolorist



          I'm always excited to open their boxes and this one had a lot of great supplies as usual. 



          The postcard you see in the picture is actually the information card on what is in the box. The art on the postcard is by Molly Paulick.
          Now the first think to come out of the box is the very pretty Winsor Newton Watercolor Sketchers' Pocket Box. I already own this set, infact it is the first set I ever owned and I love it to bits. I'm glad I got this second set because yeah, I'll use it!!!! I compared the colors in this set to the ones I have and since they were the same I'm going to include the swatches from the set I have. This set always comes with a small watercolor brush as shown in the picture.





**please ignore the scribbles on the side, the names are correct.

          Next up is a Windsor Newton Cotman brush which is a size 2 rigger. This kind of brush provides an extra fine point for those lines, hard to get to places and small details. 



          This item is something I am very excited about. It is a Princeton Art & Brush Co. Watercolor Brush Bucket. The bucket is collapsible and spill resistant. It has six brush pockets, three on each side, to hold your brushes up right while they dry and can hold a fair amount of water. I can't wait to use it! 





          Finally, the box contains two types of watercolor paper. The first is Strathmore Watercolor postcards and the second is Yupo Paper Pad. Strathmore I've used before but I've heard a lot of good things about Yupo and have been wanting to try it out for a while. The Yupo paper is different in that you can wipe off sections of your painting and start over on a fresh peice of paper.






All in all, I'm very excited as usual with what Paletteful Packs has included in their box for the month of August. I can't wait to play with the Yupo paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment