Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Art School Boot Camp Review

          My creative side was awakened when I started to Omnijounral (for those who don't know what that is, it is a journal that is used as a sketchbook, a diary, a bullet journal or anything else you like). After a while, I decided that maybe it was a good idea to get a little bit of learning on the subject of art. I looked around the internet for classes and started out on YouTube but quickly moved to Skillshare


          Initially, I was looking at lettering classes but soon a class caught my eye. The class was called Art School Boot Camp and there are a few classes in the series. The person teaching the classes is Christine Nishiyama. She is an illustrator and a writer. Christine maybe found at Might Could Studios. She is an amazing teacher and I have enjoyed, and still am enjoying her teaching style. Now let me tell you about the classes I have taken so far. 

Art School Boot Camp I: Drawing Compelling Compositions - In this class, I learned the basics. How to look at a piece of art and how to put together my own, along with some jargon like "Focus point".

Art School Boot Camp: Drawing Dynamic Gestures - I learned to look at a picture, and break it down to the dynamic line and also to draw my own dynamic pieces.

Art School Boot Camp: Harnessing Color - If you have no idea how to mix colors, and make your own palettes then this is the class for you. I found it very simple and straight forward. 

Art School Boot Camp: Expanding Your Style with Art History - In this class, you learn about the different styles of painting and why they came about. I learned about Impressionism, Fauvism, Expressionism and Surrealism.

          The next class I'm hoping to take is Art School Boot Camp: Designing Quirky Characters. You may find Christine's classes at Skillshare.



No comments:

Post a Comment