Sunday, March 19, 2017

Holly Journals Subscription Review (March 2017 Box)

          For a long time I wanted to try subscription boxes, but I was always a little afraid of not liking what comes in the box. This year I decided to be a little brave and take the plunge.
          Holly Journals was an easy choice for me because you can never go wrong with journals. I will always have a use for them no matter what they look like or what type of journal they are (size, type of paper and whether it is lined, dotted or plain).
          I didn't make it in time for the February box but I got the March 2017 box.


          The box arrived at my holding box in the USA (Aramex) around February 27 and then it was sent on to me in Kuwait. It arrived at my door on March 7th. I was very nervous as I opened the door. 
          The box arrived with a letter from the curator explaining how this box was different to the previous ones. Apparently, the journal was a reading journal. I was intrigued as I love to read.

 

           Next there were two cards. The first was a page that listed the items included in the box, which was called Book Lover's Journal. I wanted to be surprised so I didn't look at it. The second card included some journaling prompts.



          The items were wrapped with a beautiful tissue paper, which you'll see in the next pictures. A bag of gourmet coffee and some coffee candies were the first two items that caught my eye. I'm a coffee junky and I've had a few amazing cups of coffee from that bag. The candies were yummy too.




          The next thing that caught my eye was the bookmark. It is made out of wood and hand-crafted by David Coplen. I've been using it ever since I got it and it has taken a lot of abuse without anything happening to it. There were also some cute little trinkets, like tags and a charm to hang on the journal.



          Now let us talk about the whole reason for the box, the journal. It is a pretty red number, about an A5 size. I wanted to open it and see why the curator said it was different and it was. Check out my video below.



(Please turn up your volume as I didn't realise I was whispering when I made that video...)

          I thought I was done (should have read that card listing the items huh?) but then I noticed there was one more item still in the box. There was a beautiful fountain pen, a Jinhao with a broad nib. I didn't use the cartridges provided with it, instead I added a converter I had and inked it with one of my inks. It works like a dream and I love the way it glides on the page.


          I guess you can see from the comments I made on each item that I loved this box and can't wait for my April one. Since I've gotten the journal, I've put it to good use recording the books I've read so far this year. It was like the curator of the box interviewed me and asked me what my favorite things in the world were and then just put together the box from my answers.

You may find Holly Journals online at:



I am going to give Holly Journals March box 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment