Tuesday, August 25, 2020

General Language Studies Update

          I wanted to update you guys on my language studies. This week I did something different. I decided not to take classes at all and focus on studying what I already took in my classes for Korean and Chinese. I also wanted to work a little more on my Udemy classes and my books. 
          To help me do that I first used my journal but realized that I can’t focus and look ahead so I found something that works along side my journal. This tool helps me plan ahead and see what I have to do one week ahead and I can add the tasks to my journal daily. 


As you can see I have this page that has week days and I set it up every Sunday with my mini tasks for my study goals. I was using the calendars previously but the calendars didn’t give me enough space to write what I want. 

KOREAN:

This week I am focusing on these things in Korean:

1. I wanted to look over the subjects I took with my Korean teachers.
2. I wanted to finish specific lessons on Talk to Me in Korean, part of my mini goals for the month.
3. I wanted to finish Korean from Zero 1 this month.
4. I wanted to finish the Vocabulary Building Course, or at least move forward through it. 
5. I want to finish 비타민 한국어 1 

CHINESE:

This week I wanted to focus on these things in Chinese:

1. I wanted to finish at least 2 Udemy courses.
2. Review my iTalki Chinese Lessons and get in more practice.
3. Get familiar with Hanja, with respect to the words learned in the iTalki classes.

Breaking things into chunks really helped me to get things done and see what I’ve been neglecting or what is sucking up my time. 
          My goal now is to take TOPIK I level 2 in Korean at least and HSK 2 at least in Chinese at the end of next year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment