Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Mpop Lay’s full Album LIT

          In a previous post, I talked a little about Lay’s album LIT, but that was only about the first part of the album. Well now the full album has been released and if the first part was “lit” this second part is fire!

LIT:

Part One:
1. Lit
2. Jade
3. Eagle
4. H2O
5. Fly
6. Soul

*see my previous post above

Part Two:

7. Changsha
8. Mama
9. Boom
10. Call My Name
11. Late Night
12. Wish

This part is more western than the first part and is a whole mood. You can really hear just how beautiful Lay’s voice is and how pure. I honestly can’t tell you which of these songs is my favorite because each one has its own mood and sound and each is unique. I love the way he mixes English lyrics with Chinese lyrics in this part. 

It seems like the first part of the album was about mixing Chinese music with western music with mostly Chinese music but in this part, it is western sounds with English and Chinese lyrics and it works so well. How can I explain it....you just have to go take a listen to the creative musical genius that our healing unicorn has turned out to be!

Before I go let me leave you with this song from Part Two:




BOOM



WISH




CALL MY NAME

Honestly, I could probably put the whole album here but please go take a listen to his beautiful voice and judge for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment