Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Chinese Language Study

          So I wanted to update you on my Chinese language studies. After careful consideration, I have decided to also get a Chinese teacher alongside my Udemy classes, if you don’t know what I am talking about please check my previous post about My Language Study Plans, and so far I have taken 3 classes with the teacher. 
          Each of these classes included a pinyin portion and then a dialogue portion. In case you don’t know what pinyin is it is the system used to teach you how to speak the characters in Chinese. Each syllable is made up of an initial (a consonant) and a final (vowels) and a tone. Tones, if read wrong can turn a harmless word into a curse 😬. So a Chinese pinyin syllable would look like this mā while its character would look like this  in simplified Chinese.
  Where the dialogue portion is concerned, so far I can greet you, tell you my name, where I am from, what my occupation is, what my hobby is and what my dream is and why. 
     I’ve also started learning to write some Chinese characters too. 



 Not exactly pretty but definitely a challenge I loved doing. 
         So far I’m enjoying my classes with my teacher and he works well with me. I found him on Preply.com which is also where I found my Korean teacher. I was lucky with both.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment