Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Switching off

           While I was doing my reading for my Celtic Scholar blog and my Korean reading I looked at all the books I had around me on the table and realized that it has been a long time since the last time I read a book just for pleasure. I'm not even sure how long it has been since I read a fiction book. So as part of my daily winding down routine I was going to read a fiction book for 15 - 30 minutes minimum. 

          I still have not mastered the part about reading every day but when I have been able to read my fiction book I've noticed how happy my brain was for getting a break. I realized that previously this was my way of relaxing and switching off my brain.  

          I also looked at my weekly study/work load and realized that there was no days off. I mean once in a while I would feel like my brain was not functioning and I would not do something on that day but I have no specific days off. I have decided that Friday and Saturday are going to be my off days. I'm going to watch movies/dramas, read and just veg out and switch off.

          I also have not picked up a brush in months...not since the beginning of the year I think and so I have also decided that on my days off I will be doing that if I am inspired. 

          Why all this you ask? Because I have not been feeling inspired or creative lately and I think this is because I just have not switched off my brain voluntarily and regularly since January of this year. Work has been kicking my ass and my studies have taken a lot of my time and I've had no me time in forever.

Switching off is important for creativity and for being able to go on with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment