Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Kpop Album Review: Max’s Chocolate

          I’ve had this album for a long while now but I wanted to listen to the songs enough to really pick a favorite. So now it is time to show them off. 
          This is Changmin’s, of TVXQ fame, first solo mini album. The album is called Chocolate and it has 6 songs. Let us look at the albums first then we can discuss the songs. 
          There are two versions of the album: Orange and Gold. And they were released on April 6.


I also got the posters that came with the albums. I can’t tell you for sure which poster came with which album because they were both put in a tube together. But based on the color scheme:


This one came with Orange, 


And this one came with Gold.

Each album came with a postcard picture in an envelope, a photocard, and a photobook. Everything looks really sleek and high quality but the box they each came in the s not my favorite as it kind of is already showing some wear and tear just from traveling here.

Gold Version

Gold version is actually black 😬


There is this beautiful introduction on the box lid from the inside which shows just how much of a beautiful soul Max is.


It is not very clear here but I’m hoping the orange version will be clearer.


This envelope had the postcard photo in it.


No there is nothing wrong with my camera or lighting this is how the card looks.






The pictures in the photobook are all gorgeous and chic.


And this is the photocard that I got.


Finally the CD.

Orange Version:

Pretty much exactly as the precious album. 












Now let's talk about the songs. As I said there are six songs in the album:

1. Chocolate (Title Song)
2. High Heels
3. Lie (featuring Chungha)
4. Piano
5. Me, Myself, & I
6. No Tomorrow

Each one has a unique sound and each one has its charm, but if you ask me which one is your favorite it would have to be "Lie".




This is the MV for Chocolate



This is the performance video for Chocolate.



This is my favorite song in the album


Finally, this is a special video for Me, Myself, & I





No comments:

Post a Comment