Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Cultivate What Matters Power Sheets

          The end of 2019 brought with it a lot of thinking and a lot of decisions that had to be made and goals that had to be set. Being the planner girl that I am I was surfing YouTube to look for ideas on spreads or sections that would help me set goals and track them. While I was searching I found a video by Cindy Guentert-Baldo starting her prep work for the Cultivate What Matter planner.


It made me go looking for the Cultivate What Matters website. I read a few of their blogs and viewed a few of their videos. Some of their posts are a little Christian Centric but that is a minor issue and can be ignored if that is not your cup of tea. After some thought, I finally took the plunge and bought the planner (as I already mentioned in a previous post). While I waited for it to arrive and knowing that it was going to take a while to get it thanks to our postal system in Kuwait, I worked on the preparation work by working through the videos on their website. It is a 5 part series that walks you through the material in the beginning of every Power Sheets planner.
          My planner arrived on January 4 and I spent the whole day and part of the next getting used to the planner and transferring the preparation work I did before into the planner.



So let's take a look at what the planner looks like. Apparently, I actually bought the planner and a sticker book as well...I had forgotten about that.


I got the flower cover, the cover itself is hard and the edges have the metal bits that protect the corners.








The sticker book has interesting stickers in it. I don’t know if I am going to use all of it this year but I can always use it with my other planners.







The front inside cover has a pocket and I put the cards that came with the planner in it. The cards can be used as post cards and to put your word of the year on so that you can keep it with you at all times without flipping to the relevant page in the planner.




It has a title page and a sticker page as well. 

















These pages are the pages of the preparation work. They make you look into yourself, and think about how to look at your goals and how to realistically break down your goals into manageable chunks. 












Then comes the monthly pages, a prep page, the calendar pages, a goal focusing page, and tending list. The tending list is your actions for that month. Finally, a month review page.





Then every three months there is a review of the last three months and reevaluation of your goals.

I have been using the Power Sheets for almost a month now and I am loving it even though falling sick made me fall behind on my goals. I am using the monthly calendar to record my daily wins and it is working well for me. It also helped me realize that one of my goals needs more work than I actually thought and the first step is actually research this goal. 

I'll be doing the end of month review of my planning system and re-evaluate some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment