Wednesday, January 29, 2020

BOOK REVIEW How To Make Money Teaching Online

          At the end of 2019, I decided that one of my goals for 2020 was to make extra money online while also doing something that I loved; teaching. So I went on Amazon to look for books on the subject. One of the books that caught my eye was How to Make Money Teaching Online. After reading the book, which didn’t take long at all, I decided to write a review of it for my blog. 


          The book has around 13 chapters, with some chapters having multiple sections. It looks like a self-published book, nothing wrong with that, but for someone who talks in their book about publishing online the author could have used a good editor and a typesetter. It was not so bad that I couldn’t read it but it was a little annoying. 
          The writer does a good job of explaining some of the platforms where you can teach and publish online as well as the equipment he uses in his own life to publish his books and courses. However, I did feel like some chapters, like the one for Course Production needed to be more in-depth, especially when it came to writing a syllabus and then turning that syllabus into course material.
          Overall, the book is not bad, I’d give it around 3/5, both for content and aesthetics of the text. I hope this review helps others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment