Wednesday, December 18, 2019

October/November Kpop Haul Part 1: Chen's Mini Album


          October was a really busy month for the Kpop industry and especially for the groups that I stan. However, while I preordered all these albums the mail is pretty much unpredictable here in Kuwait so I got these albums at the beginning of November. This is why the title says October/November. Also because there was so much going on I'm not going to make one long post but rather put each album on its own so I can talk about them a little more.

           Previously I’ve talked a little about Chen’s new album but here is the full story! On the first of October Chen from EXO dropped his Second Mini Album called Dear, My Dear. It had two versions: Dear Version and My Dear Version. I, of course, bought both. Chen is an amazing vocalist in his own right separate from EXO and deserves all the support he can get.


These are the covers for both albums. Each album comes with a poster, a random photo card and a postcard with a letter from Chen. So let us get into it. As I said I bought both albums so I got two posters. 




Sorry, the pictures for the posters kind of suck but they were folded and HUGE. They are so pretty but then the model is what made those posters pretty.😍

Let us start with the Dear Version:


Cover of the album, which is basically a book.


Random photo card (out of a possible 2)


Envelope with the name of the album


This was the postcard inside the envelope 


The flip side of the postcard was a letter from Chen.


This page contains the words to one of my favorite songs in Chen's album 



Random pages from the book.

My Dear Version:


Cover of the album, which is basically a book.


Random photo card (out of a possible 2) He looks so dang cute in this one!



Envelope with the name of the album



This was the postcard inside the envelope 



The flip side of the postcard has a letter from Chen which is different from the above version.



Pages from the book of more of my favorite songs from the album.

          So let us talk about the album itself. The mini-album has 6 songs totaling 22 minutes. The title song is called Shall We? and he released an MV for it as well as the second song from the album called My Dear.


Shall We?




My Dear

You'll probably be surprised to know that while I like these two songs they are not my favorite among the album. That honor goes to the songs that come after them and have no MVs attached to them. 



Of these 4 my absolute favorite is Hold You Tight. I tend to loop these four songs and listen to them continuously when the mood takes me. 

          Chen's letters are my challenge. As soon as I finish my exams I'm going to sit down and do my best to translate these letters and see what he had to say. I have not looked at any translations online just so I can challenge myself.        

No comments:

Post a Comment