Friday, December 21, 2018

Neko Box - Japanese Folklore

          I really love my cultural boxes because I learn something new every time I open them. This Neko Box is all about Japanese Folklore. As usual, the box comes with a little booklet that gives information and some Japanese recipes for me to try. 







          Along with the recipes and the dose of culture, there all also beautiful items. Take this cute and beautiful Soba Bowl by Izawa which is used for holding noodle dipping sauce, snacks, desserts, or miso soup. I got the Talking Monkey design but you could also have gotten the Frog design. 











          Next is the Tenugui cloth by Senshu Towel. It can be used as a bathroom hand towel, face cloth, a kitchen towel or a travel towel. The cloth is good quality and I can’t wait to use it.



          I’m trying to learn how to use chopsticks and although these are not as pretty as the ones we got in a previous box they are still very elegant and I can’t wait to put them to good use!



          This small Wabisabi dish is simple but cute. It is by Yamako and can be used for snacks, desserts, side dishes or just decoration. 



          The lucky charm ornament by Yakushigama is really cute I got the Treasure ship but you could also get the magic hammer. 





          Finally, this beautiful art print from Neko box. It features characters from famous folktale Momotarō. This box made me curious to go read some Japanese folktales!




No comments:

Post a Comment