Friday, September 21, 2018

The Zakka Kit - July 2017

          The July theme for the Zakka Kit is Wagashi. Wagashi, according to the information card, are Japanese sweets made from rice flour and sweet bean paste.



          I keep hoarding the wrapping paper. One of these days I’m going to use them for a project that is percolating in my mind.







          This washi tape is designed by Shinzo Katoh and Seal Do. It features cute rice dumplings called dango.



          When I first saw this I thought it was a Japanese treat until I saw the word eraser; it is by Iwako. There are seven different colors and this is the one I got.



          Watercolor pencils by Sakura. They can be used like normal color pencils or with a watercolor brush and some water. 



          These are vintage note cards by Classiky. You can use them for mini recipes, reminders, gift notes and inspirational quotes. I’m probably going to use them in a project or as gift notes.



          So these are stickers and post-it notes (the smaller of the two) by Nihongo Flashcards and Round Top. I love that the names for the food are in both Japanese and English on the stickers.


          Finally, the art print. This time it is a bit different since they provide you with a picture that you have to color yourself. I think if I am going to use watercolors on this I’m going to transfer it to watercolor paper. I’m not sure how well this paper handles water lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment