Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Zenpop.JP 2 Box Review

It has been a long time since I’ve reviewed product boxes so today I’m giving you 2 reviews from the same company just because they arrived one after the other. 

The company is Zenopop.jp, and they have a subscription box for Japanese stationery. I’m not going to review them in the order they arrived but in the order they should have arrived in, but didn’t (not the company’s fault blame it on COVID 19 and the delays it has caused in the post office.)

JULY 2020 STATIONERY PACK: UNICORN PARTY


The box at first glance really does look like a Unicorn Party. Everything looked really cute but it was time to really dig into what is in the box.


I thought it was weird to have a nail polish bottle in a stationery pack but I was surprised to find out that it was actually a highlighter! There are two choices either mint or neon pink and I got the neon pink as you can see. 



Here is how it looks as a highlight but I have not tried it with a fountain pen yet 🤣. 


This cute thing is an eraser. I could have gotten either a white one or a pink one, I got the pink. I’m not sure how well it erases since I have not been able to bring myself to use it. 


I love washi tapes and as washi tapes go these are awesome. The one on top is watercolor washi tape by Tomomi Kokubu and the one on the bottom is Unicorn washi tape designed by Miki Takei.


This is a Unicorn memo pad. There are two patterns and I got the colorful one as you can see.


I love this thing. It is a Midori cleanup car. It cleans all the eraser rubbings and small dirt particles on the desk or paper.


This is a Kokuyo Beetle dual-tip highlighter. Honestly, I’ve been using it to underline important concepts in my studies. Since it gives you two lines at the same time.


This mechanical pencil is awesome. Mine broke the other day and I decided to try this one out and I love it. It is really smooth and easy on my arthritic hands.


3D stickers are something that I love using but I rarely find something I like. These ones I love. I love fishes.




This is a Unicorn letter set. It has 12 sheets and 6 envelopes. I love writing letters to add to gifts to make them more personal so these will come in handy.


And this wraps up the first box. 

AUGUST 2020 STATIONERY PACK - SUMMER FESTIVAL

This box was interesting. I loved the fan theme throughout it. So let’s take a look.



At first glance, I did not know what half the stuff in the box was and had to dig in the find out. 



I found this picture card really cute and funny. 



I thought this was a page flag but it turns out that this was a washi tape cutter. I have not tried it yet but I know from previous experience with something similar that they are very useful. 


I was not sure what this was either but it turns out to be a stand with sticky notes. 


These are going to be useful. I have a ton of short pencils because I like to use pencils to the last bit and these will make them last even longer than usual 🤣. 


This was obviously a greeting card. I love the whole polar bear eating watermelon thing. In case you don’t know in the summer most Asian and Middle Eastern counties will eat watermelons to cool down.



I love this washi tape because it looks so summery. The flowers are beautiful.


This is a Pentel brush pen. I love the way it writes. I can make thin lines as well as thick ones. The ink flows beautifully too. 


This fan is really pretty and it works really well. I’ve used it a couple of times so far and I love how small it but also how well it does its job.


These stickers are pretty versions of the already pretty fan. I’m looking forward to using them soon.


Look at those cute Jinbesan stickers! I love the silly smile on that shark whale’s face.


This is a pencil, I will be using it at some point.

And that is it for the second box.

OVERALL THOUGHTS

I liked all the stuff in the boxes. But...I’m not sure they are worth what I paid for them (37 dollars per box including shipping) I’ve had boxes that have had much more substantial stationery items and they cost much less than this. Now it could be that it is because these items are expensive in Japan 🤷🏽‍♀️.  I’ve already stopped my subscription to this box because while the items are really cute and the themes are interesting I don’t really feel like I am getting my money’s worth. Also, it takes too long to get the boxes, I know it is not the seller’s fault but I found it a little stressful trying to figure out if the box was lost or just late.



No comments:

Post a Comment