Tuesday, April 21, 2020

RESOURCES Art



In this post I'm going to share some of my favorite YouTube channels, Instagram accounts, Udemy courses and Skillshare courses related to art. It will probably be mostly about watercolors, and mixed media though there are some courses and channels that talk about journaling, sketching and teach you actual drawing techniques.

YouTube Channels:

1. Helen Colebrook: Helen is from Journal with Purpose, www.journalwithpurpose.co.uk My channel will show videos about my bullet journal, regular journal and creative pursuits.

2. Watercolor Misfit: (**This is one of my favorites and highly recommended channels) Carrie is a Watercolor Misfit-also known as a mixed media watercolor artist.On this channel you'll find watercolor tips, painting tutorials, and a lot more fun content revolving around art! If you are interested in painting with her, join her latest watercolor beginner course, which you'll find the $10 off link on her about page on YouTube. You'll also find many drawing templates that go along with the videos on her channel at her ESTY shop! They are similar to adult coloring books-but for watercolor, but help you skip the drawing process.

3. Kirsty Partridge Art: Over the past few years Kirsty has been posting educational art videos to help improve drawing and painting skills. She loves using watercolors, colored pencils and charcoal to create artwork with.

4. The Mind of Watercolor: (**This is one of my favorites and highly recommended channels) Steve Mitchell has been a professional designer and illustrator for 30+ years but on this channel he's returned to his fine art roots. This channel is for watercolor enthusiasts where he shares tips and techniques in a quick, easy to digest fashion. He also does product reviews, offer challenges, look at other great artists' work and perhaps even have a few giveaways.

5. Maremi's Small Art: (**This is one of my favorites and highly recommended channels) This is my favorite channel for doing projects with mixed media, and crazy ideas that turn out amazing. Marta is a wonderful teacher and her projects are always interesting. She also does product reviews.

6. The Frugal Crafter:(**This is one of my favorites and highly recommended channels) Lindsay Weirich, AKA the Frugal Crafter, has videos that showcase a wide variety of crafts such as cardmaking, rubber stamping, art journaling, mixed media, sewing, knitting, jewelry making, crochet altered art and more.  Do you like to paint? I hope so because she has many new watercolor painting tutorials. How about storage? Do you want tips and tricks for keeping your art and crafts supplies organized? She has several craft room tours and tutorials on building your own storage solutions on the cheap.

7. The Art Sherpa: (**This is one of my favorites and highly recommended channels) The Art Sherpa, teaches art in live streaming, easy acrylic step by step painting tutorials. Lessons on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. With over 800 free video acrylic painting classes you can learn how to paint easily. Its safe, inclusive fun and friendly Art instructions for new painters of every age.

8. Sealemon: (**This is one of my favorites and highly recommended channels) Jennifer makes crafty videos to help boost your creativity! I find her voice relaxing, so if her videos help you unwind, that’s cool too. You’ll find a variety of projects on her channel including DIY decor, bookbinding, art tutorials, supply hauls, doodle challenges, bullet journal ideas and more fun crafts!

**Note: I just realized that all but two of the recommendations above are of my favorite channels...

UDEMY Courses:













**These are just some of the Courses I've taken through Udemy, there are many more that I have bought but have yet to try because I'm working through other things on there.

SkillShare Classes:

Originally, I was going to do a list of classes that I have taken though SkillShare but to be honest, compared to the indepth classes that I have seen on Udemy...I decided not too. Don't get me wrong there are some honest to goodness classes that I have enjoyed on there like the Christine Nishiyama Series and the Brent Eviston Series but the rest of the classes are just too short to qualify as real life classes.

Instagram Accounts:

1. Anna Koliadych: @dearannart

2. Peggy Dean: @thepigeonletters

3. Garima Srivastava: @mylittlebasil.studio

**These are the ones I follow on Instagram but I'm sure there are many many more.

I hope this helps you with your art journey and maybe make this whole social distancing a little easier. Stay safe everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment